Artistic retreat in Lippiano Italy
In October 2024 I (Rachael) am intending to go out and work in the studios and the landscape around Lippiano. October is a wonderful time of year to visit this region. The air is still relatively warm during the day and the early mornings bring a wonderful mist that descends across the landscape. I spent a week in April 2022 along with some other artists. We all worked alongside one another, to our own agendas, coming together in the evening and lunchtime to catch up with one another. It worked very well and I would like to repeat this again in October 2024. There are 2 studios at Villa Pia and it also has wonderful grounds to work/write/think amongst. I am very keen to have people around me working on their own creative projects. Hopefully new relationships can be formed as well as some new ideas.
There are 9 places available (for artists who will use the studios) more for anyone who does not need indoor studio space. The price is £800 each with shared bathroom, £700 with shared bedroom and ensuite and £950 for single occupancy ensuite. The nearest airports are Pisa (with an aprox 2 hour drive from Pisa) or Perugia, we think the flights to Perugia are on Saturdays only from the UK.
If you do not wish to drive (or fly) there is a train station at Arezzo and a taxi can pick you up from there for aprox 50 euros (I will check the price of this for 2024)
- You’ll have the luxury of spending one week working uninterruptedly on your artistic practice.
- Inspiring surroundings, quiet corners, Italian sunshine.
- The company of up to 10 other artists (in the studios)
- Two studios and plenty of outside space to work also.
- You don’t have to cook; the Villa Pia chefs prepare sumptuous meals. Full board is included in the price (the kitchen is closed on Thursdays). The meals are amazing – 4 course evening meals (around 8pm) and large buffet style meals for lunch prepared each day by the chefs….. and cakes for tea at 4pm, this really is out of this world generous, and you can also……..
- Help yourself to tea, coffee, juices or a glass of wine/beer at any time.
- Daily yoga classes may be available.
- Cooking lessons are available at an extra cost of 35 euros
- There’s a swimming pool and a tennis court.
- There are long peaceful walks.
- The Villa is on the border of Tuscany and Umbria and within driving distance of a number of towns such as Arezzo, Sansepolcro and Perugia.
Please note that on Thursdays the kitchen is closed and so we are free to eat within the village or further afield.
|Prices below include: accommodation, breakfast, lunch and a 4 course evening meal,|
and some art materials eg: acrylic paint, paper, and gesso.
|1 x person||£500|
|A deposit is required for each booking and is non-refundable|