Artistic retreat in Lippiano Italy
Due to the pandemic Gareth and I feel a need to reach out to other artists. We were all set to run some more fabulous painting courses in 2020 and 2021 in the wonderful Villa Pia in Lippiano Italy. However as we begin to re adjust we are feeling the need for a retreat ourselves and to have the company of other like-minded people. We would very much like to offer the chance to work alongside us in the studios of Villa Pia and its grounds in April 2022 (22nd – 29th). Neither of us will be teaching, but we will be very keen to have people around us working on their own creative projects. There are 2 reasonable size studios. We have a fair amount of acrylic paint and brushes available and Arezzo art shop has a good stock of fabriano paper that we can source (there may be an additional cost for the paper). Of course oils can also be used but do be mindful of travelling with solvents in your suitcase. The Arezzo art store sells turps etc.
There are 8 places available (for artists who will use the studios) more for anyone who does not need indoor studio space. The price is £700 each for shared room/bathroom and £900 for single occupancy ensuite. The nearest airports are Pisa (with an aprox 2 hour drive from Pisa) or Perugia, we think the flights to Perugia are on Saturdays only from the UK.
If you do not wish to drive (or fly) there is a train station at Arezzo and a taxi can pick you up from there for aprox 50 euros.
- You’ll have the luxury of spending one week working uninterruptedly on your artistic practice.
- Inspiring surroundings, quiet corners, Italian sunshine.
- The company of up to 10 other artists (in the studios)
- Two studios and plenty of outside space to work also.
- You don’t have to cook; the Villa Pia chefs prepare sumptuous meals. Full board is included in the price (the kitchen is closed on Thursdays).
- Help yourself to tea, coffee, juices or a glass of wine/beer at any time.
- Daily yoga classes may be available.
- Cooking lessons are available at an extra cost of 35 euros (fingers crossed re covid).
- There’s a swimming pool and a tennis court.
- There are long peaceful walks.
- The Villa is on the border of Tuscany and Umbria and within driving distance of a number of towns such as Arezzo, Sansepolcro and Perugia.
Please note that on Thursdays the kitchen is closed and so we are free to eat within the village or further afield.
|Price's below include; Tuition, accommodation, breakfast, lunch and a 4 course evening meal and materials.||Deposit|
|1 x person||£500|
|A deposit is required for each booking and is non-refundable|